Monday 17 March 2014





This is my aesthetic gesture in response to my clients documentation. I wanted to play on this idea of safety and contrast it with fear. I incorporated the textures described from client and hid them inside the black box. Using a small opening in the side only just big enough for finger and strategically placed all the cushions inside at the one end as my client described how she liked to be surrounded by them. This opening where you could not see what was inside yet you had to put your fingers in it was to create this fear of the unknown but as you put your fingers inside, the hope was to recreate this sense of safety comfort and enclosure as your fingers immerse into the snug composition of the cushions inside. It makes you focus on the textures and tactility rather than the sight. I thought this seemed relevant to her ritual of sleeping because you sleep with your eyes closed and the ritual is focussed on the feeling rather than the sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment